In order to be considered for admission to the FLEX Program, students must meet the following, in addition to the Admission Criteria listed below:
- Earned Associate’s degree
- Current military
- Veteran status
- Full-time employment (defined as 2+ years professional experience)
- Responsibility for dependents
- Has credit for prior learning experience (military, portfolio, or CLEP/DSST).
First-Time College Student Admission Criteria:
- High School GPA 2.5 or higher or GED of 50 or higher
- ACT/SAT not required
- An official copy of high school transcript* or GED score.
* Official transcripts are those sent directly to Spalding from the issuing institution. Any transcript marked "issued to student" or any transcript that is hand delivered by the student is not considered an official transcript.
Declaration of Previous College Attendance: Applicants must declare all previous college attendance. Applicants who fail to disclose previous college attendance on the application for admission and/or who fail to submit transcripts are subject to denial or cancellation of admission or dismissal from the University.
Transfer Admission Criteria:
- Students with fewer than 24 hours of transferable credits must meet First-Time College Student Admission Criteria.
- Students with 24 or more hours of transferable credits must have a college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Students who do not meet these requirements will be considered by the Undergraduate Admissions Committee for admission to the University. The student will be asked to provide a statement of 300 to 400 words describing his or her work experience and relevant life achievements. This may include professional, academic, and/or personal goals related to the applicant's potential for success. ACT and SAT scores are not required, but may be considered if provided.
Students who are applying to the RN to BSN Program must have:
- A college GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in all nursing courses.
- An Associate's degree in Nursing.
- An active RN, unrestricted license to practice nursing prior to admission to the RN to BSN Program.
Back to FLEX Policies