Section VI. Student Complaint Procedures | Spalding University Catalog

Section VI. Student Complaint Procedures

Please note that none of these organizations will consider a complaint from a student unless institutional grievance or complaint policies have been followed first. If issues were not resolved internally in the timelines outlined in the Spalding University policies or to the student’s satisfaction, then the student has the option to follow outside complaint procedures as listed below. Be sure to read through all of the information and procedures provided by each of the following agencies before submitting a complaint.


Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Accreditation


Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (KyCPE)

KY Council on Postsecondary Education
Spalding University is licensed to operate as an independent institution in Kentucky by the Kentucky Council on Post-Secondary Education (CPE). To file a complaint against an institution licensed by CPE, please submit your complaint in writing to Sarah Levy, Director of Postsecondary Licensing., Council on Postsecondary Education, 1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320, Frankfort, KY 40601


 State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

Spalding University seeks to deliver all of our online programs in every state. We work through the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) process and with states directly to ensure that when authorization or licensure is necessary, required approvals are obtained.

SARA is a voluntary agreement that allows states and institutions to offer distance education in other participating states so long as the institution adheres to certain quality and consumer protection standards. More information on SARA can be found here. Kentucky is a member of SARA and Spalding University is an approved SARA institution.


Out of State students residing in a SARA state or territory can submit their complaint in writing to Sarah Levy, Director of Postsecondary Licensing Council on Postsecondary Education, 1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320, Frankfort, KY 40601 


As the designated portal agency under SARA, the CPE is the agency that handles complaints about Spalding University and can act on those complaints from students enrolled in online programs residing in SARA-member states. Though the final resolution of complaints will be through the CPE, the student’s home state portal agency may also work with the CPE to resolve the complaint. 


Out of state students residing in a non-SARA state or territory may file a complaint in the student’s state of residence.  Students should attempt to resolve their complaint through the university complaint process before going to their home state or territory.  Below are the states/territories currently not part of SARA.  The University does not maintain these websites and the information may change without the University’s knowledge.  



U.S. Territories